2022 Niue E.T Extra Terrestrial Moon Sphere 40th Anniversary 1 Oz Silver Coin 2$
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Worldwide mintage of 1,982 coins.
- Individual coins come in a special display box with certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Displays the Niue coat of arms as well as face value, metal content and year of issue stamped on one side of a blue moon.
- Reverse: Features the silver silhouette of the iconic Elliot and E.T. on the bicycle appearing on the face of a spherical blue moon.
- Issued by the sovereign government of Niue.
E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
According to Stephen Spielberg, the concept for E.T. evolved out of a question he asked himself about what if an alien from Close Encounters of the Third Kind had stayed behind as a sort of exchange student. He then imagined the character from the perspective of his own childhood and the loneliness he felt during his parent's divorce. Thus, E.T. was created as a friendly extra-terrestrial being who was left behind on Earth, but was aided by the young boy Elliot to return home. In the course of this encounter, a unique friendship would emerge to the benefit of both characters and the delight of audiences around the world.
E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial first premiered on May 26, 1982 at the Cannes Film Festival and later on June 11, 1982 across the United States. Its success was immediate, even surpassing the first Star Wars movie as the highest-grossing film of all time.
- Item Category:
- Collectibles & Fine Art
- Item Subcategory:
- Item Type:
- Collectible Coins
- Features the silver silhouette of the iconic Elliot and E.T. on the bicycle appearing on the face of a spherical blue moon.
- Niue coat of arms as well as face value, metal content and year of issue stamped on one side of a blue moon.
- Country/Region of Origin:
- Circulated / Uncirculated:
- Metal Content:
- 1 troy oz
- Sunshine Mint