Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein is a literary marvel, captivating readers with its chilling tale of science gone awry that is now captured in a stunning silver proof coin. Since it was published anonymously in 1818, Frankenstein’s monster still haunts the pages, terrifying and heartbreaking at the same time. Contrary to conventional depictions, on our coin, the iconic monster reveals itself through individual letters. Readers with a razor-sharp vision, or with help of a magnifying glass, will discover verses derived from the fateful scene where the monster draws its first breath.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Low mintage of only 1,818 coins.
- Comes in a frame display box in the original capsule with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Displays a profile portrait of His Majesty King Charles III.
- Reverse: The image of Frankenstein is revealed due to the darker letters on the coin. The entire coin has the words of the scene where the monster draws its first breath.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Cook Islands government.